Can't Wait...

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, February 18, 2008

Hello There

Well we're almost twenty weeks along (almost halfway) and I thought I would give this blog thing a whirl. I have so enjoyed keeping up with my friends and their "new additions" through their blogs that I thought it would be great to go ahead and start one of my own so that when Baby Atkinson arrives I will know what I am doing and can post updates easily. I am probably going to need some assistance from the Blogmaster and my friend Caroline!!!

Just to catch up...
Zack and I are expecting our first baby July 13, 2008 and we are just thrilled and cannot wait for he or she to arrive. We go for our 20 week ultrasound next week and we are so excited!! But we are going to let the sex our little bundle of joy be a surprise. So many people are shocked when I tell them that we are going to wait and see because I am such a planner but there are so few surprises left in life and we are going to take this opportunity. Not sure if I will be able to do it again with future babies but this one is going to be a big surprise.

Baby Atkinson will be the first grandchild on both sides and the first great-grandchild for my mom's parents so as you can possibly imagine there is a lot of excitement buzzing around our households!! I look forward to keeping everyone updated as the next 20 weeks progress and beyond!!

Until next time...

6 comments:

Curly said...

Thanks for calling me the blogmaster...but I'm not so sure!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you and yes, quite shocked that you are not finding out the sex. But your philosphy is sooooo true. Can't wait for the next post!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited I can't stand it. Two of my good friends just became aunts and they say that it is amazing and so much fun! And the best thing about it is that you get to spoil them and then give them back...hahaha! CAN'T WAIT! Love y'all...and of course Baby A!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited I can't stand it. Two of my good friends just became aunts and they say that it is amazing and so much fun! And the best thing about it is that you get to spoil them and then give them back...hahaha! CAN'T WAIT! Love y'all...and of course Baby A! ~Natalie

Anonymous said...

Needless to say, we are ecstatic about our noonie angel to arrive in July!!! Can't wait......
Mama and Daddy
"??? and Pop"

CTBaker in the Acres said...

So glad you joined the ranks with the rest of the bloggers!!!
Keep me posted on your progress!
CTB